Metal Carports by Elephant Structures are Easy to Maintain
Metal carports are our specialty here at Carport.com, and we strive to bring you the best quality product we possibly can. We want you to be happy with your metal carports, their features, and ease of use no matter what. Take pride in your carport or other structure! So, what happens when your carport gets a little dirty? Not to worry; you bought steel! Maintenance of metal carports is a breeze. Here’s a short list of things you can do periodically to keep your carport looking great!
Maintain Your Metal Carports By:
- Keeping the exterior clean! Galvanized steel can be cleaned a number of ways. Blasting metal carports with hot water and ammonia is a great start, although mineral spirits work nicely as well.
- After you clean your exterior, apply a paste wax to the outside to restore that “new” shininess that your steel had right after it was installed.
- Don’t forget about the interior! The hot water and ammonia treatment can be used for the interior as well, although soap and water are great too.
- Make sure to remove excess debris from the roof! Periodically clear leaves/sticks/residual snow/neighbor-kid-shoes/etc. from the roof of your structure. This will prevent your structure from ever becoming too loaded down, and it will also give you peace of mind in that your structure is still holding strong (and looking neat and clean!).
- For extra maintenance of metal carports: water blast the concrete floor (if applicable) every so often, clear cobwebs/beehives, and be sure to take pride in your structure! The prouder you are of it, the nicer you will subconsciously keep it!
Maintenance of metal carports is a breeze! If you have any specific questions, or if you’d like to place an order for a carport or other steel structure, call us at 855-CAR-PORT. We’d love to speak with you!