Permits Require Carports And Metal Buildings To Be Certified
ALL PLANS ARE CERTIFIED. Every Elephant Structure sold is designed and verified by a certified engineer to meet or exceed wind and snow load standards. Elephant Structures cannot be held responsible for changes in your specific county standards so please verify the standards with your local county inspector. You may need to obtain a permit prior to installation. If a permit is required, you will need to purchase a Certified Carport or Garage. Certified standards are rated for snow and wind, include auger anchors, a peak brace on every bow, a knee brace on every leg, and an additional 20 year limited warranty against rust.
COMMON FEATURES OF A METAL BUILDING
- All units include free delivery and free installation on your level land.
- All frames are double galvanized and the 29 gauge sheet metal, for the roof and siding, has a baked enamel.
- 10 day workmanship warranty.
- The length of the frame is always one foot shorter than the length of the roof.
- An A-Frame style roof, vertical or standard, is always one foot wider than the frame.
- The leg height must be 1′ higher than the height of a roll-up garage door for the Regular Roof Style or 2′ higher for an A-Frame Roof Style. This will allow for better performance.
- There is an additional cost for a garage door if installed on the side of the building.
- Structures over 24 feet wide should have concrete footers.
- Units over 31 feet in length should use an A-Frame Vertical Roof Style.