Permits Require Carports And Metal Buildings To Be Certified
ALL PLANS ARE CERTIFIED. Every one of our Carport.com metal buildings sold is designed and verified by a certified engineer to meet or exceed wind and snow load standards. Carport.com and Elephant Structures cannot be held responsible for changes in your specific county standards so please verify the standards with your local county inspector.
You may need to obtain a permit prior to installation. If a permit is required, you will need to purchase a Certified Carport or Garage. Certified standards are rated for snow and wind, include auger anchors, a peak brace on every bow, a knee brace on every leg, and an additional 20 year limited warranty against rust.
COMMON FEATURES OF A METAL BUILDING
- All units include free delivery and free installation on your level land.
- All frames are double galvanized and the 29 gauge sheet metal, for the roof and siding, has a baked enamel.
- 10 day workmanship warranty.
- The length of the frame is always one foot shorter than the length of the roof.
- An A-Frame style roof, vertical or standard, is always one foot wider than the frame.
- The leg height must be 1′ higher than the height of a roll-up garage door for the Regular Roof Style or 2′ higher for an A-Frame Roof Style. This will allow for better performance.
- There is an additional cost for a garage door if installed on the side of the building.
- Structures over 24 feet wide should have concrete footers.
- Units over 31 feet in length should use an A-Frame Vertical Roof Style.
*Additional charges may apply for certified or site-specific drawings pending the requirements of your local jurisdiction having authority when constructing a structure on your property. Please consult a building advisor to verify any additional costs or if there are any required fees for certified plans in your area. This may vary depending on your state and the location of your construction site. If you place an order online, your order will be reviewed to ensure your order complies with your area. You will be contacted about any additional fees that may apply once your order is processed.