As this web site, www.carport.com, wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information and privacy practices.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us at email@example.com.
1. Why does carport.com collect personal information?
2. How and what information does carport.com gather or track?
3. What are Cookies and Pixels?
4. Does carport.com disclose user information to third parties?
5. Can I opt-out of carport.com's data collection and/or distribution?
6. What about external web sites?
7. Does carport.com allow users access to their information for review and updating?
8. What does carport.com do to keep their site secure?
9. Does carport.com collect information from users outside of the United States?
10. Does carport.com collect personal information from children?
11. Your California Privacy Rights
12. What about Elephant's off-line information and privacy practices?
13. Further Questions?
1. Why does carport.com collect personal information? We need to collect certain personal information from our visitors primarily to process and fulfill online quote requests, verify online activity, and online orders for the products and services we offer. We may also use the personal data we collect for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to report aggregate information to our marketing partners and others.
To provide our users with a more personalized and relevant web service, we also collect and use personal data to identify users' specific interests and needs. If given permission, we may notify our users of offers and information we feel may be of interest to them available from carport.com and our marketing partners. If given permission, we may also share information with select marketing partners who may directly contact our users regarding their own offers of interest. If you do not want to receive such offers you may follow the simple unsubscribe procedure located at our "remove" page..
We send users a confirmation e-mail and other marketing messages when they register for our site or services. If you are currently receiving commercial e-mail messages from Elephant after previously providing permission and no longer wish to receive such offers you may always follow the unsubscribe procedures which will be found within the e-mails received from carport.com, our affiliates and marketing partners, or via the simple unsubscribe procedure located at our "remove" page. You may also contact carport.com using our contact form located at http://www.carport.com/contact-us/.
From time to time, we post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. If you wish that we do not use your real first name or last name initial, please let us know.
If you use our blog on this web site or participate in chat rooms, forums, or contact pages on this site , you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of this forum, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
2. How and what information does carport.com gather or track? We collect personal data from our users mainly during the initial registration process for using the service or the delivery of a custom quotation. Although some of the personal identifying information is necessary to deliver these services (e.g., an address is required to buy goods and services from carport.com), in some cases some of the information is optional. Users can determine to some extent what information they wish to submit in those cases. In addition to the initial registration process, we may, from time to time, ask users to answer questions about products, registrations and services. We gather this data in order to better understand our users' interests and provide them with relevant offers and information.
Through the use of "cookies" and “pixel tags” (both described below) and online survey and registration forms, we may collect personal data on, among other things, the following information:
"Pixel tracking", a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites, involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user of the site and consist of a few lines of computer coding. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of these advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A "pixel tag" is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of websites you may visit and is used to track an individual user's activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our offers with your interests. For example, if you visit our Web site from an advertisement on another site, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that their advertisement brought you to the PCH site. If you visit our website and we link you to another site we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third party web site. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research. Personally identifiable information about you is not collected by the third party advertising company, nor is any tracking information generated from the pixel tag allowed to be used by them for any other purpose other than to report web site activity to us.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
4. Does carport.com disclose user information to third parties? Except as otherwise noted in this policy, carport.com only discloses user information in aggregate form to marketing partners. For example, we might tell a marketing partner how many users visited carport.com over a period of time, but we will never tell them who it was that saw or clicked on their offer, unless that user has given us permission to do so.
carport.com believes that consumers should be able to control the use of their data. We will not share personally identifiable information with marketing partners if you follow the simple unsubscribe procedure. If an opt-out is not submitted, we will notify users of exciting offers of interest from carport.com and our marketing partners. We may also share your name, land address and e-mail address with marketing partners so that they can send you offers directly for products and services that may be of interest to you. The personal information our users provide to us may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase information) available from our records and other sources. We use a third party to verify your address, in order to process your order prior to shipping. This allows us and our marketing partners , with permission, to present our users with offers and information geared towards their interests. We require each permission based e-mail our partners send to include a description of a simple opt-out process that will enable you to stop receiving promotional e-mail from them in the future. We will only deal with marketing partners who offer products or services that we believe may be of interest to our users. Nevertheless, carport.com is not and cannot be responsible for the activities or privacy policies of these third parties. We may share our unsubscribe list with select marketing partners for the sole purpose of insuring that individuals on this list do not receive electronic commercial mail messages containing Elephant advertisements that may be sent by such partners.
We do not rent, license, or sell personal data to third parties unless permission is granted through user submission at carport.com. In the event of a merger, acquisition, or change of control of carport.com, customer data would be considered a business asset and would be transferred. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose personal information as required by law or to protect the safety and security of our users.
These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
When you register with carport.com we may share your name and information with third parties who may contact you by mail with relevant offers. If you wish to opt out of such exchanges you may click here.
Targeted or Behavioral Advertising: Targeted advertising (also known as Behavioral Advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which carport.com advertisement should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than carport.com. For example, if you have shown a preference for metal garages while visiting carport.com, you may be served an advertisement from carport.com for garage related products when you visit a site other than carport.com. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from carport.com or through third party website publishers. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising from carport.com that occurs when visiting our third party advertising publishers, please click here: Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from carport.com and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you will continue to receive online advertising from Elephant; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
5. Can I opt-out of carport.com's data collection and/or distribution? Receiving email messages from carport.com, our affiliates and partners is optional. As noted earlier, the collection, use, and distribution of personal data helps us create a more personalized, relevant, and intelligent web service for our users. If you are already receiving carport.com emails and no longer wish to receive such communications, simply follow the "unsubscribe" instructions that appear in every carport.com e-mail, or by clicking here. You may also choose not to use carport.com at all, to prevent the collection of any data about you.
7. Does carport.com allow users access to their information for review and updating? Users can access the personal information they have provided to carport.com for the purposes of reviewing and updating such information by requesting such info from firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What does carport.com do to keep their site secure? We have implemented a number of security features throughout the carport.com site that are intended to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to the user information we collect online. For example, database information is firewall protected. Also, only authorized carport.com personnel have access to any stored personal information we collect from our users. Moreover, password and credit card information you submit to carport.com is always encrypted during transmission. Users should be aware that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers.
While we strive to create a secure and reliable site for our users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed. Users should keep in mind that any information submitted through an Internet transaction is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without their consent. carport.com is not responsible or liable for illegal interception of personal data via any Internet transaction. . When we collect and transmit sensitive data such as your credit card number, we encrypt it using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
9. Does carport.com collect information from users outside of the United States? The carport.com site is not directed to visitors residing outside of the United States and such users are not eligible for delivery by our installers, and are subject to rules and conditions that are not communicated by this site which is targeted to residents of the United States. We regret that as a result of system limitations at this time non-U.S. residents may not order products through carport.com. If carport.com becomes aware that a user who does not reside in the United States has registered with the carport.com site, carport.com will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
10. Does carport.com collect personal information from children? The carport.com site is not targeted nor directed to children under the age of thirteen. carport.com does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from individuals in this age group. If carport.com receives actual notice that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personal information to carport.com, carport.com will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
12. What about Elephant's off-line information and privacy practices? Elephant collects certain personal information from our direct mail customers to market and fulfill orders for the products and services we offer. We may also use the personal data we collect for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to report aggregate information to our marketing partners and other third parties. From time to time we may share or exchange marketing information about the consumers who respond to our offers with other companies so they may contact you about products and services that may interest you.
If you do not want your name passed on to other companies for the purpose of receiving marketing offers, just tell us by contacting us at email@example.com. Please make sure to provide your full name, address, city, state and zip code information if you wish your request to apply to both on-line and off-line marketing information sharing.